2020 LONDON FESTIVAL COMPETITION
2020 LONDON Festival Competition is open to all instrumentalists (Piano, Piano Duo, Strings, Woodwinds, Harp, Voice and Chamber Music Groups) of all nationalities and countries. Participants are required to submit video recording materials for the audition. Multiple winners will be chosen in each age category.
Each discipline is divided into different age categories:
Young Musician (8 years old and younger),
Junior (9 – 12 years old), Intermediate (13 – 15 years old),
Advanced (16 – 18 years old) and Young Professional (19 – 35 years old).
Chamber Music Groups is divided into three age categories:
Group A (12 years old and younger),
Group B (13 – 18 years old) and Group C (19 – 35 years old).
Competition Winners will perform at the beautiful Holy Trinity Hall in Sloane Square, in London on:
- Monday, June 8 , 2020
Special prizes for best performances may be awarded based on the judges’ recommendations.
Four qualified international judges will evaluate audition materials.
The Festival competitions is chaired by Ms Viktoria .
Professor Viktoria is a renowned Concert Violinist and she holds the positions of Royal Academy of Music Junior Department, London.
- Winners Recital Date : Monday, June 8, 2020
The application packages acceptance will be closed on March 31st, 2020. (Extended)
The results will be announced in 2 weeks time once we receive the Video submission.
Age category and time limit for Video submission:
|8 Years Old and Younger||YOUNG MUSICIAN||5 Minutes|
|9 – 12 Years Old||JUNIOR||6 Minutes|
|13 – 15 Years Old||INTERMEDIATE||6 Minutes|
|16 – 18 Years Old||ADVANCED||8 Minutes|
|19 – 35 Years Old||YOUNG PROFESSIONAL||8 Minutes|
Chamber Music Groups
(Piano four hands, piano duo, Violin Duo, Cello Duo and mixed ensembles etc.)
|12 Years Old and Younger||GROUP A||5 Minutes|
|13 – 18 Years Old||GROUP B||7 Minutes|
|19 – 35 Years Old||GROUP C||8 Minutes|
* Age according to the registration deadline as 1st March 2020.
|AGE||CATEGORY||DATE OF BIRTH|
|8 Years Old and Younger||YOUNG MUSICIAN||02/03/2011 or Later|
|9 – 12 Years Old||JUNIOR||02/03/2011 – 01/03/2007|
|13 – 15 Years Old||INTERMEDIATE||02/03/2006 – 01/03/2004|
|16 – 18 Years Old||ADVANCED||02/03/2003 – 01/03/2001|
|19 – 35 Years Old||YOUNG PROFESSIONAL||02/03/1984 – 01/03/2000|
|AGE||CATEGORY||DATE OF BIRTH|
|12 Years Old and Younger||GROUP A||02/03/2007 or Later|
|13 – 18 Years Old||GROUP B||02/03/2006 – 01/03/2001|
|19 – 35 Years Old||GROUP C||02/03/1984 – 01/03/2000|
Last Updated: 30 November 2019.
Applicant may choose one or two pieces from the standard repertoire (Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Contemporary periods). One movement of Sonata could be accepted as a separate piece.
- Only one piece (the submitted competition piece) will be performed at the Winners Recital.
- Only original pieces will be accepted for pianists, no shortened versions.
- Only un-edited video can be accepted for the audition (parts of video connected together or video clips are not acceptable).
- Recordings should be a fair representation of the Contestant’s abilities, but need not be of a professional quality. Applicant’s name and exact title of the audition piece must be included in the description of the video on YouTube (Vimeo, etc.).
- Contestants must perform from memory. No repeats. Music for Chamber Music Groups does not have to be memorized.
- Judges comments will not be disclosed. Judges’ decisions are final and can’t be appealed.
- The final selection of winners will be based solely on the video recordings submitted.
- No changes to biographical information are allowed after the application is submitted.
- Please email us if there is a change in repertoire for winner’s recital.
- Competition results name list will be published on the Festival Website on 20 June, 2020.
- The Certificates will be granted to the performing winners after the Recital & Award Ceremony in London.
- Festival Competition Organizational Committee reserves the rights to make any changes into the rules, venue, dates schedules and other information related to the Competitions or Published on this site.
Steps for Applying
- Submit your video, online registration form and registration fees before 1st March.
- You will receive your results in 2 weeks time once you submitted your video and we will email you the details of the 2020 London Festival Winner’s recital.
Participants will receive invitation to perform in LONDON and attend the Music Academy with Top -class master teachers. There will be an option to join a special designed 9-day UK Academy & Musical Tour. (Accommodation, meals and land transport are included for Participants who sign up for academy and musical tour. Please kindly reply soonest so that we can secure you this special tour at the rate stated below which is subject to availability and also first come first serve.)
- Send in your letter of acceptance to confirm your performance slot at 2020 LONDON Festival and Academy.
|London Festival will give an opportunity to all young musicians to perform on stage in the international concert venue.